Berkeley Sophomore Semester - Global Studies London
We are excited to announce the launch of our new fall Berkeley Sophomore Semester - Global Studies London study abroad program.
The program is open to all majors and designed specifically for rising sophomores to gain a global perspective, fulfill major and degree requirements, and obtain professional experience through an internship in London. All courses take place at the UC London Center in the fall.
We plan to offer three required courses as part of the program:
- GLOBAL 10B - Critical Issues in Global Studies
- IAS 45 -Survey of World History
- UGIS 158 - Global Citizenship
Students will select 1 of the following elective courses:
- HISTART 15: London Museums (Historical Studies breadth)
- MATH 1A: Calculus (Quantitative Reasoning requirement)
- PHILOS 25A: Ancient Philosophy (Philosophy & Values breadth)
- POLISCI 2: Comparative Politics (Social & Behavioral Sciences breadth)
- THEATER 20U: London Theater (Arts & Literature breadth)
Students will also be placed in a semester-length internship that matches their career goals, interests, and experience level in London. As part of the internship, students will be required to enroll in UGIS 158 Global Citizenship.
All courses taken are offered for UC Berkeley credit and will appear on the student’s transcript as Berkeley courses with letter grades.
The program is open to all majors (including undeclared), and to be eligible students must:
- Be a current matriculated UCB student
- Have at least one semester of college coursework completed by the start of the program
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Be 18 years old by program departure
- Have completed Reading & Composition A by program departure. (Completion of Reading & Composition B is strongly recommended)
The application opens . Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to apply . Financial aid is available.
Please encourage your students to attend the Sophomore Semester Information Session on February 2,2018 from (Moses 223) or from (Moses 223).