- Established in 1934, The Leadership Award is a one-year, merit-based scholarship that recognizes undergraduate students at UC Berkeley who demonstrateinnovative, initiative-driven leadership impacting their academic, work, or community environments
- Roughly 650 scholars are chosen each year between incoming freshman/transfer students, and continuing Cal students
- Students receive a one-time award of $2000; however, they are eligible to re-apply each year that they are at UC Berkeley
- In addition to their monetary award, they are eligible for networking opportunities with alumni through CAA and the Cal Alumni Student Association (CASA)
- Demonstrate innovative, initiative-driven leadership impacting academic, work, or community environments for previous academic year
- Registration and enrollment as UC Berkeley undergraduate student in at least the minimum number of units approved by major college or school for Fall 2017 and/or Spring 2018
- Interview in-person on campus in September 2017 (Study-abroad students interview by Skype)
Please note: the application deadline for all continuing students is .