WONDERFUL PUBLIC SERVICE GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP
DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING
Applications for two $56,000 Fellowships Due February 24, 2017
Fresno, CA (January 6, 2017) – Through the generosity of The Wonderful Company, San Joaquin Valley students will have the opportunity to become the next generation of Valley leaders through The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship. This program helps students obtain an advanced degree from a top graduate program, return home, and apply what they have learned to help make the Valley a better place.
The Maddy Institute will award two $56,000 Fellowships to Valley students who are accepted into a nationally ranked, qualified graduate program in the fall of 2017. This Fellowship, now in its third year, is made possible by a generous gift from Lynda and Stewart Resnick, co-owners of The Wonderful Company. The Resnicks are dedicated to making the Central Valley a better place to live, work, and learn, and share the Maddy Institute’s commitment to opportunity and excellence in education for regional youth. Please visit here for a general overview of the Fellowship.
Deadline: Application must be postmarked, delivered, emailed, or faxed by on .
- Completed Application: All sections must be completed and signed.
- Resume: Must be current and completed. Your resume should include GPA (overall and for the last two years), major, and any honors received.
- Personal Statement: Not to exceed three pages, single-spaced. Your statement should include: Why should you be selected as a Wonderful Public Service Fellow? What makes you the best choice to receive this fellowship? Once you graduate, how do you plan to use this knowledge to benefit the Central Valley?
- College Transcripts: Copies are acceptable. Your name must appear on the document. Official transcripts indicating expected graduation date and degree will be required of applicants selected for the program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation. It is strongly suggested that at least one faculty member familiar with your work provide one of the recommendations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the seal.
- Must have a 3.0 overall GPA or higher;
- Must be applying or have been accepted into a graduate degree program in the field of Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Social Welfare, Urban Planning, or MBA program for entry in fall 2017.
To Apply: Please print or download the application here. All applications must be received by the specified date. NO EXCEPTIONS. Submit via email, fax, in person, or mail to:
Executive Director - The Maddy Institute
Foundation Building. California State University
4910 N. Chestnut Ave. OF 43.
Fresno, CA 93726
Office: 559) 278-1133
Fax: 559) 278-1167