Peter E. Haas Public Service Leaders Program
The Peter E. Haas Public Service Leaders Program seeks outstanding student leaders who are engaged in off-campus service activities. For the 2017-18 academic year, we will select as many as 50 undergraduates to participate in the program and to receive need-based scholarships in the range of $2,000 to $6,000.
Information Sessions in 218 Eshleman Hall:
Through a generous gift from the Mimi and Peter Haas Fund, this program provides need-based scholarships making it possible for students to serve 10 to 15 hours a week in off-campus social action activities. Students who are selected will participate in a yearlong leadership development program through the Public Service Center.
Criteria for selection includes:
NOTE - Undocumented students who meet the financial aid requirements are eligible to apply
- Must be eligible for financial aid or Dream Act
- A compelling case for why a scholarship would facilitate your ability to be a public service leader
- Proposal must be a significant service project that will have meaningful community impact (Does not need to be a new project. Current projects qualify)
- Project engages other UC Berkeley students
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours a week to the project during the 2017-18 academic year
For a complete program description including benefits and commitments please visit http://publicservice.berkeley.
Questions? Contact Fela Thomas at email@example.com.