Summer Programs Assistant – 50% Career Position
The College of Environmental Design (CED) operates three academic departments – Architecture, City and Regional Planning, and Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning. CED and its constituent departments confer both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Graduate programs are regularly ranked in the top 5 nationally and internationally. CED has 55 full-time and 35 part-time teaching faculty, 44 career staff, and over 1,000 students. The College is housed in Wurster Hall, which also includes Wurster Gallery, the Environmental Design Archives, the Environmental Design Library, computer labs, a fabrication shop, digital fabrication lab, and Materials Store.
The College of Environmental Design offers several introductory summer programs for those interested in exploring the field of architecture, landscape architecture and environmental planning, urban design and sustainable city planning. CED also offers workshops in the basics of fabrication as well as techniques and technologies that push the boundaries of making.
The Summer Programs Office is seeking a 50% time Program Assistant to provide general administrative support. The duties include:
• Assisting Program Manager in all aspects of market research, recruitment, admissions and registration.
• Under the direction of the manager, updating program websites and designs announcements and brochures.
• Handling email and phone correspondence with students, parents, prospective students, vendors, colleagues and other constituents for the office.
• Cultivating active social media profiles to connect with target audiences; helping the manager to conduct successful crowdfunding campaigns; engaging alumni population.
• Processing reimbursements and honoraria, ordering supplies, etc. through BearBuy.
• Maintaining multiple databases for the purposes of student, adviser and media outreach and alumni tracking.
• Assisting in the planning and execution of Summer Programs events.
• Overseeing day-to-day scheduling of Summer Programs studios, classrooms, workshops, site visits, reviews and special events.
- Highly organized self-starter who works well both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and evolving processes and priorities with great attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic visual communication skills (image editing, graphic design).
- Experience juggling project-based and ongoing tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with UC systems and programs.
- Knowledge of current concepts and trends in higher education and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with the field of environmental design.
- Experience with digital marketing (SEO, Google Ads, analytics, social).
This is a non-exempt position with a salary of $21.49 per hour.
Apply online at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/. Search for job #22513. Please upload your cover letter and resume as a single document.