UC Davis Summer Abroad 2017 is offering several courses that may be of particular interest to ‘Agricultural, Environmental and Resource Science’ students. UCB students are eligible for all programs and UCB summer financial aid applies. All courses are taught in English and you can earn 8 UC upper division units .
We’ve highlighted some programs below that may interest you:
UC DAVIS SUMMER ABROAD – Open to all UCB students!
UC Davis Summer Abroad programs offer students short, intensive academic courses that are complemented with a wealth of excursions and cultural activities. All of our programs are built around UC Davis courses and are led by UC Davis faculty. Enrollment opens . Financial Aid applies!
Create an online profile to receive email updates about programs that interest you (it only takes a minute).
- Guatemala, Ecological & Social Issues at Lake Atitlan -Explore the complexity of Atitlan lake and watershed ecological processes and their connections to social and political realities.
- Ecuador, Sustainable Ecuador—From the Andes to the Amazon- Work alongside indigenous Amazonians while examining their historical development and current initiatives to save the Amazon rainforest from exploitation.
- France, Introduction to Winemaking -Learn the basics of wine making while visiting many of the major French wine regions and accessing many elite wineries.
- Europe, Genetics—The Global Language of Biology -Study and experience the great genetic breakthroughs in this grand European tour of genetics: Cambridge, Paris, Vienna, and Stockholm and more.
- Ireland, Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle -Take Biological Sciences 2A in beautiful Ireland at University College Cork (UCC).
NEW US DOMESTIC PROGRAMS
Domestic programs focus on intercultural topics in an American setting, bringing home the point that intercultural skills are as relevant in the US as they are overseas. Like our other summer programs, the programs offer UC Davis courses taught in the field by UC Davis faculty.
- Louisiana, Multicultural New Orleans -Explore New Orleans’ French, Spanish, and American colonial history, the roots of jazz, the evolution of Cajun cuisine, and the recovery of The Big Easy after Hurricane Katrina in the friendliest, most lively metropolis in the country.
- New Mexico, Land of Enchantment -Visit pueblos continuously occupied for hundreds of years, explore Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands, savor the state’s distinctive cuisine, and learn about the turbulent, fertile history of the Native American, Hispanic and Anglo cultures.
Additional Quick-link Resources
- All UC Davis Study Abroad Programs
- Quarter Abroad (Argentina, Australia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Taiwan, UK-London, UK-LSE
- Summer Abroad Internships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
*Note: Quarter Abroad programs and Summer Abroad Internships are also open to all UC students.
Questions? Email us email@example.com