Creates and maintains campus maps and architectural layout of campus buildings in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Geographic Information System(GIS). Field-verify building room numbers, space use and measurements. Assist to organize record drawings from completed department construction projects. Provide general engineering and mapping support to the department.
Specific Duties may Include some or all of these:
Update the campus maps:
Using CAD/GIS software, maintain various campus maps. The updates to the map are generated from campus construction projects - including campus building, infrastructure, and landscape projects.
Create and maintain architectural building drawings:
Develop and maintain simplified 2D architectural drawings of campus buildings from construction “as-built” drawings. Scan hardcopy drawings and digitize to a CAD/GIS format. Field verification and field measurements may be required for this task.
Provide engineering support:
Assist in the maintenance of campus maps and records library. Maintain and organize hardcopy construction documents, upload and organize scanned documents to the department’s online documents library. Provide hardcopy and digital maps and records for department staff.
Assist to organize record drawings
Catalogue and sort project plans and drawings that are located in the basement storage cage at 2000 Carleton.
- Experience/knowledge in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software - AutoCad and or Microstation software. Basic training in Cad and GIS will be provided to perform required tasks
- Experience operating large format plotters to prepare drawings and maps.
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting architectural and engineering drawings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other basic computer applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with current staff
- Must be reliable.
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Positions Available: 3
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.