Hart Howerton Travel Fellowship Program!
|The application is a downloadable PDF on our website, www.harthowerton.com|
In 2006, Hart Howerton began an educational initiative to fund a select number of Fellowship positions for students at design schools. Each summer, Fellowships allow the firm to employ students in planning, architecture and/or landscape architecture internships in our New York or San Francisco offices. The Fellowship also provides funded travel for research on a topic the Fellow selects.
As a result of the Fellowships, schools have graduated students with the added advantages of professional office experience, collaborative interdisciplinary design, and worldwide travel and research. The perspective gained from a carefully defined program within a global design practice has helped students effectively define the choices available after graduation, and more confidently approach their careers.
Travel Study Focus: The firm currently has two research initiatives. Students with similar interests are especially encouraged to apply.
· Complete Environments – New and innovative thinking that spans the fields of planning, architecture, and landscape architecture.
· Healthy Living – Comprehensive design for improved health outcomes in the places we create.
Structure: Hart Howerton defines an 8-week professional internship “assignment” as part of an existing firm project, followed by the Fellow’s self-defined, approved topic of travel study. The 3-week travel period’s findings are prepared, upon return, as a report presented by the Fellow to the firm.
The Fellowship includes:
· $5,000 Fellowship travel expenses during the 3-week travel period.
· $6,500 salary for the 8-week Fellowship/Internship within the office.
· $2,500 for housing assistance during the 8-week stay in San Francisco or New York.
· Round trip travel to SF or NY from the student’s school.
The application deadline is . Hart Howerton will select a short list of up to 10 students to be interviewed by telephone or in person before final selection. The awarded Fellows will be announced on March 6, 2017