Oakland Community Builders (OCB) is a yearlong internship program that trains students in organizing strategies while addressing the needs of East Bay communities. OCB partners with local organizations to provide internships to UC Berkeley students interested in community organizing, social justice, and grassroots level change.
Interested in a Cal intern for the 2014-2015 school year?
The application is available here: http://publicservice.berkeley.edu/ocb/application
Applications are due Friday, February 14th by 5pm. Before submitting an application, please review the Community Partner Responsibilities and Expectations below. In order to be considered, your designated Supervisor must be available for a community partner orientation in August (Date TBA). For the short answer questions, we recommend writing your responses in a Word document, and saving it before inputting, as answers will be lost if you view a prior page. If you have any questions, please contact Marlena Reimer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Partner Responsibilities & Expectation
· Attend intern interviews (Date TBA)
· Attend program kickoff and orientation in August (Date TBA)
· Expose interns to community organizing operations in your organization
· Provide sound supervision by an experienced staff member
· Ensure open lines of communication with the intern and staff
· Develop a job description for the intern that outlines duties to be fulfilled
· Finalize a schedule (to be co-created with intern) that outlines time, hours & days per week worked
· Complete all pre, midway, and post program evaluation requests