Facilitate greater engagement between students and campus staff in order to determine the strategic direction of the Campaign for Scholarships and Student Life
The incumbent would:
- Organize focus groups with students to determine what messages will speak to students as future alumni and supporters of the university.
- Create a presentation designed to engage students in philanthropy and create a culture of giving back to the University.
- Identify key student organizations and help facilitate meetings between the Vice Chancellor with these groups (for example, Graduate Assembly, ASUC, RHA etc.) to promote involvement in philanthropy.
- Collaborate with other student ambassadors to organize outreach events to support fundraising activities geared toward students.
- Create a PR program focused on students.
- Provide the “student voice” at events with prospective donors
- Attend donor events with the Vice Chancellor.
- Execute any office work need to support Student Affairs philanthropy operations
- Be involved in stewardship activities (handwritten Thank-You notes, postcards etc.)
- Self-directed initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and reaching out to individuals and groups across the campus
- Vision and Goal Oriented
- Willing to work up to 12 hours/week
- Computer skills (Photoshop and InDesign a plus)
- $1800 stipend per semester – work study available
Please submit a one-page interest letter and a resume to the Student Affairs Philanthropy Office